Guitar Tabs, Gear, Galleries, Editorial, Reviews, Forum and more.
Rate content and Earn Redeemable points.
A guitar website designed around you.
ibzRG 2010-07-15 - 2:02pm

RAGE!!

So I took the opportunity while I'm back home to record a couple tracks for a tune I'm making, using the instruments I have left here behind (acoustic, bass). Everything worked fine, got two tracks I liked enough, saved the project and called it a day.
Today I went back to the project to add some stuff, and oh the horror. Not only are the new tracks completely corrupt, the old tracks behave broken too, even though they are not visibly so.
I don't know if it is the different bitrate of my the soundcard here compared to the one I use in London, the fact I stupidly used directly the external hard drive on which the project was or plain just Audacity having fucked up royally.
And I don't care. I'm extremely pissed off. Everything was working perfectly without hint of a glitch when I saved the project last night, and today it is all a friggin disaster.
The good news is that I think I have a backup of the project. So the old tracks are not lost. The new ones however are not salvageable and I hate to re-record them. I can probably re-record the bass quickly, but the acoustic is a bitch to get right and I don't have the patiece for it. Too bad. Maybe I'll mock up a track with the electric which is easier to tame.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kimon-F/97223762538

There are no replies yet.

You must login or register to post to this thread.

Stuff I Liked & Commented On
Login to view your favorites!