Web Developer and Software Engineer - posted 6/1/13
Who and What?
Guitar.com is looking for a talented Web Developer and Software Engineer with exceptionally strong Drupal experience, a killer portfolio and great personality who can contribute creatively as well as technically to the new site which is currently under development. Guitar.com is under new ownership and is a "re" startup undergoing a complete redo of both the front and backend with the goal of redefining the user experience for guitar based web sites. This is a full-time position in Dallas TX. Any experience with guitars, amps, effects, tabs and general guitar based knowledge is not essential, but highly desirable.
In this position you will be responsible for re-development of the site, both contributing directly and by managing the work contributed by 3rd party teams. Strong project management experience with documenting, prioritizing and then implementing new ideas and features from our creative team is essential.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Software development lifecycle management
• Demonstrated leadership of 3rd party development teams
• Proven experience with Drupal 6 and 7, vbulletin 3/4
• Advanced Drupal module, theme, and plug in creation / modification
• PHP 5 and other scripting language experience
• Strong MySQL and/or other relational databases (PostgreSQL)
• Deep knowledge of memcached, Varnish, and other caching technologies
• Application performance tuning and optimization
• Video content management, both local and remote hosted services
• Comfortable with Git, or other VCS
• At home on a Bourne/C shell
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Browser compatibility testing across multiple operating systems
• Strong multi-tasking capabilities
• Can-do and self-starting attitude with a passion for getting these done quickly and correctly
• Knowledge of database optimization, normalization, sharding and good schema design
• Mobile Application development and implementation for Android, iOS, Windows RT with either native applications or mobile sub sites
• Experience building highly available and scalable applications across multiple platforms and infrastructure vendors
• Website monetization and ad targeting experience
• Working knowledge of guitars and related gear
• Flexible schedule and work location
• Start-up culture with tremendous possibilities for growth
• The opportunity to work on something cool and kick ass versus boring and uninteresting
• A fully funded startup that was created by serial entrepreneurs who have experience building successful companies from the ground up
Interested parties should forward their resume, online portfolio, salary history and/or requirements, and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to reaching out to qualified candidates this week.